Human Resources and Mental Health
Mental Health Resources
Quick Facts and Connections:
Alberta’s Mental Health Helpline is available 24-7 toll-free and offers confidential support for mental health concerns: 1-877-303-2642.
Alberta’s Addiction Helpline is available 24-7 toll-free and offers confidential support for alcohol, tobacco, other drugs and gambling: 1-866-332-2322
The Kids Help Phone is available 24-7 and offers professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people by texting CONNECT to 686868.
The Crisis Text Line Alberta is a service available 24-7 that offers information, referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support for Albertans of all ages, by texting CONNECT to 741741.
Alberta 211 is a free helpline that connects Albertans to community and social services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in over 150 languages.
For more information on Alberta’s Mental Health Services, visit: www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh
Help in Tough Times |AHS
Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty | American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
For More Information on Mental Health Resources from the Canadian Business Resilience Network visit HERE.
MCG Career and Employment Centres provide one-on-one job search coaching and career path planning while hands-on-training programs in Construction Pre-Trades, Information and Communication Technology, or Early Learning and Child Development are available depending on the location. Other programs are targeted to young adults, mature job seekers, persons with mental health concerns, and individuals with low-level essential skills such as ESL learners. Job placement services are also available and the Job Developers at MCG have been in contact with countless employers that are hiring during COVID-19.
Employee and All Canadian Resources
- Income Support for Individuals Who Need it Most
- Flexibility for Taxpayers
- CMHC Mortgage and Housing Updates due to Coronavirus
- Canadian Bankers Assoication Mortgage Deferral Help
- Emergency Financial Assistance - Government of Alberta
- Alberta Income Support Program
- Employment and Social Development Benefits and Updates
- Employment Insurance (EI) Sickness Benefits
- Employment Insurance (EI) - Recent Improvements and Overview
- Education Property Tax Freeze for Households
- CRA Request for Taxpayer Relief Form
- Income Tax Filing Dates and Payments Extended
- Security for Alberta Renters
- Utility Payment Deferral
If you know of any additional resources we could include to support our community, please send them to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.